WeMove Europe is an independent and values-based organisation that seeks to build people power to transform Europe in the name of our community, future generations and the planet.
Members of the European Parliament
We demand a due diligence law that:
- Makes companies respect human rights, the environment and the climate.
- Puts strict, no-nonsense obligations on companies to prevent and end harm.
- Holds parent companies responsible in court for harm that happens anywhere in their supply chain. No loopholes!
- Guarantees collective bargaining by trade unions and gives workers’ representatives a real say in due diligence, every step of the way.
- Tackles the climate crisis by making companies slash emissions throughout their value chains.
- Protects the planet by holding companies accountable for all possible harms to the environment.
- Applies due diligence requirements to all business relationships along their value chains.
- Empowers people harmed by bad business practices, trade unions, and civil society to get justice in EU courts.
- Consults everyone who is, or may be affected by business activities, and obtains consent when needed.
- Gives enforcement agencies the power to thoroughly investigate and sanction companies.
Why is this important?
The European Union says it wants to protect human rights and lead the way to a sustainable future.
But the wrongdoings keep adding up. For decades European companies have exploited workers, especially in poorer countries. They have displaced communities, leaving them without homes and ways to survive. Or chopped down ancient trees for corporate profit. So you’d forgive us for being skeptical.
People and the planet have paid the price of crooked corporations for too long. And quite frankly, we’re over it.
A fairer world is possible. One where business respects the rights of workers and the lives and livelihoods of communities, elevates producers out of poverty and allows the planet to thrive. One where people around the world can get justice if they have been harmed by bad business.
With rules to hold businesses accountable, the products we need will no longer be tainted by suffering and destruction.
In early 2022, the European Commission proposed a law to turn corporate accountability into a reality. But this is just the first step to cleaning up supply chains built on exploitation.
We need your help now to stand up against corporate lobbyists working hard behind the scenes to water down the proposal.
We must defend rules that really make business more just. Rules that work for you, us, and the planet we depend on. Because justice is everybody’s business. 
In partnership with:
See our full partner list here: https://justice-business.org/about/
In less than two weeks, a number of key MEPs will vote on this balance-shifting law. But there are some giant loopholes that still hang in the balance.
Hearing from you about why this law is important could swing the MEPs who are still sitting on the fence.
You could mention how worried you are that big business has been allowed to get away with all sorts of bad behaviour, and that there are still loopholes in the EU Due Diligence law in place that further enable this behaviour.
If we can make sure elected politicians take this opportunity to hold big corporations accountable, it will mean that corporations face being taken to court if they harm people or the planet at any time during the life cycle of their products.
We’ve left the key hashtags in the tweets, but please make the tweet as personal as you can! Here are two examples:
- I’m a university student organiser and I want you to include climate obligations for all corporations in due diligence because I need a livable future #holdbizaccountable
- I’m a feminist and I want the people who make clothes, 80% of whom are women, to get adequately paid for their hard work #justicenotprofits
Send a tweet
Mail Members of the European Parliament
Please can you chip in?
It can feel hard to make a difference as just one person. The beauty of WeMove Europe is that when we all donate a bit together, we don’t need anything other than each other to do absolutely incredible things.
So how about it? Will you join the thousands of people already donating to WeMove Europe to enable all of us to keep fighting the biggest battles of our time?
Would you like to make a donation in British pounds (GBP)? You can do it here.
Other ways of giving
You can transfer your donation to our bank account
Please include your email address as payment reference
WeMove Europe SCE mbH
IBAN: DE98 4306 0967 1177 7069 00
BIC: GENODEM1GLS, GLS Bank
Thank you for standing up for communities' rights to protect their homes, livelihoods and environment. It is only together that we can truly be a force to be reckoned with.